Terms and conditions of use
- The Agreement, inter alia, provides the terms that govern your access to use (i) MUJI India’s website www.mujii.in it’s mobile and tablet applications (“Platforms”), (iii) MUJI India’s online lifestyle and fashion merchandise (“Products”) through the Platforms, and (iv) the purchase of Products, and any other service that may be provided by MUJI India from time to time (collectively referred to as the “Services”).
- You hereby understand and agree that the Agreement forms a binding contract between MUJI India and anyone who accesses, browses, or purchases the Products and uses the Services in any manner (“User”) and accordingly, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms contained in the Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms contained in the Agreement, you are advised not to proceed with purchasing the Products or using the Services. The terms contained in the Agreement shall be accepted without modification. The use of the Services would constitute acceptance of the terms of the Agreement.
Terms and Conditions Applicable to Users
- Users must be 18 years of age or older to register or visit or use the Services in any manner. By registering, visiting, or using the Services, you hereby represent and warrant to MUJI India that you are 18 years of age or older, and that you have the right, authority, and capacity to use the Services, and agree to abide by the Agreement. If a User is below 18 years of age, it is assumed that he/she is using/browsing the Platforms under the supervision of his/her parent or legal guardian and that such User’s parent or legal guardian has read and agrees to the terms of this Agreement, including terms of purchase of Products, on behalf of the minor User. Should MUJI India be made aware that a User is under the age of 18 and is using/browsing the Platforms without the supervision of his/her parent or legal guardian, MUJI India reserves the right to deactivate such User’s account without further notice?
- The Agreement is governed by the provisions of Indian law, including, but not limited to:
- the Indian Contract Act, 1872
- the Information Technology Act, 2000
- the rules, regulations, guidelines, and clarifications framed thereunder, including the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPI Rules”)
- Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 (“IG Rules”)
- The contents of Services, information, text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software code, interface, design, and the collection, arrangement, and assembly of the content on the Platforms or any of the other Services are the property of MUJI India, its parent company, group companies, subsidiaries, associates, affiliates, suppliers, vendors and sister companies, as the case may be (“MUJI India Content”), and are protected under copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. You shall not modify the MUJI India Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, reverse engineer or otherwise use the MUJI India Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose or for personal gain.
- As means to assist the Users in identifying the Products of their choice, MUJI India provides visual representations on the Platforms including graphics, illustrations, photographs, images, videos, charts, screenshots, infographics and other visual aids. While reasonable efforts are made to provide accurate visual representations, MUJI India disclaims any guarantee or warranty of exactness of such visual representation or description of the Product, with the actual Product ultimately delivered to Users. The appearance of the Product when delivered may vary for various reasons.
- MUJI India authorizes you to view and access the MUJI India Content solely for identifying Products, carrying out purchases of Products, and processing returns and refunds, in accordance with Return and Refund Policy, if any. MUJI India, therefore, grants you limited, revocable permission to access and use the Services. This permission does not include permission for carrying out any resale of the Products or commercial use of the MUJI India Content, any collection and use of product listings, description, or prices, and, any derivative use of the Platforms or of MUJI India Content.
- Users may make purchases on the Platforms. For the purposes of identifying a User, MUJI India may, from time to time, collect certain personally identifiable information such as your first name and last name, email address, mobile phone number, postal address, other contact information, demographic profile, etc. Users may also register themselves on the Platforms. Registration on the platforms is one-time, and you are required to remember your username and password and keep the same confidential. In the event where you have misplaced your username and password details, you can retrieve and change the same using the “forgot username/password” option on the Platforms.
- The User shall assume all risks, liabilities, and consequences if his/her account has been accessed illegally or without authorization through means such as hacking and if through such unauthorized access, a purchase of Products has been made through the Services. It is specifically clarified that payments of monies towards any Products purchased through the Services by unauthorized or illegal use of the User’s account shall entirely be borne by the User.
- Display of Products for purchase on the Platforms is merely an invitation to offer. An order placed by a User for the purchase of a Product constitutes an offer. All orders placed by Users on the Platforms are subject to the availability of such Products, MUJI India’s acceptance of the User’s offer, and the User’s continued adherence to the terms of the Agreement.
- You agree to maintain and promptly update all data provided by you and to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or if MUJI India has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or not in accordance with the terms of the Agreement, MUJI India reserves the right to indefinitely suspend, terminate or block your access to the Platforms, and refuse to provide you with access to the Platforms in future.
- All rights and liabilities of MUJI India with respect to any Services to be provided by it shall be restricted to the scope of the Agreement. In addition to the Agreement, you shall also ensure that you are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the third parties, whose links are contained/embedded in the Services. It is hereby clarified that MUJI India shall not be held liable for any transaction between you and any such third parties.
- You understand that on your registration as a User or on your purchase of Products on the Platforms, you may receive text messages and/or emails from MUJI India on your registered mobile number and/or email address. These messages and/or emails could relate inter alia to your registration, MUJI India’s acceptance or rejection of your offer to purchase a Product, payment information, Product despatch information, information pertaining to other activities you carry out on the Platforms, and information pertaining to the promotions that are undertaken by MUJI India (or third parties in connection with the Platforms) from time to time. It is specifically clarified that a text message and/or an email confirming the receipt of your order is not an acceptance from MUJI India that the Product will be delivered. MUJI India’s acceptance of your offer to purchase shall occur and conclude only when the Products have been despatched by MUJI India and a text message and/or email confirming such despatch has been sent to you. MUJI India, at all times, reserves the right to limit the number of items in, or cancel an order prior to despatch.
- Any communication from MUJI India shall be sent only to your registered mobile number and/or email address or such other contact number or email address that you may designate, for any particular transaction. You shall be solely responsible to update your registered mobile number and/or email address on the Platforms in the event there is a change. Further, MUJI India may also send you notifications and reminders with respect to scheduled deliveries of the purchased Products. While MUJI India shall make every endeavor to share prompt reminders and notifications relating to the delivery of purchased Products with you, MUJI India shall not be held liable for any failure to send such notifications or reminders to you.
- While MUJI India shall make reasonable endeavors to maintain high standards of security and shall provide the Services by using reasonable efforts, MUJI India shall not be liable for any interruption that may be caused to your access or use of the Services.
- Access to and registration on the Platforms is free of cost. Although unlikely, MUJI India may modify the Fee, Payment and Promotions Policy to include a fee on access and browsing of the Platforms, or for use of any new service introduced by MUJI India without serving prior notice on the Users.
- Fees & Payments
The Services included on or otherwise made available to the Users through the Platforms are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representations or warranties, express or implied, except if otherwise specified in writing. MUJI India does not covenant or warrant that:
- the Services will be made available at all times
- the MUJI India Content available on the Platforms is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading
- the Products are of specified merchantability, merchantable quality and fit for use for a particular purpose.
The User hereby affirms that the information provided by him/her is true, correct, and complete to the best of his / her knowledge and belief. The User agrees and understands that he/she will be solely responsible in the event of any inaccuracy or deviation therefrom at a later stage.
- Sweepstakes, and Contests, and Similar Promotions
- Cancellations by the Customer
You may cancel your order or some items in your order before we bill and ship the items. As part of usual business practice, if we receive a cancellation notice and the order has not been processed/approved by us, we shall cancel the order and refund the entire amount. We will not be able to cancel orders that have already been processed. MUJI India has the full right to decide whether an order has been processed or not. MUJI India reserves the right to accept or reject requests for order cancellations for any reason. You may also exchange the merchandise or get a refund by returning the merchandise in unused, saleable condition in its original packaging along with original tags, for a return or an exchange, within 30 days from the date on which these goods are delivered. The customer agrees not to dispute the decision made by MUJI India and accept MUJI India’s decision regarding the cancellation.
- Fraudulent /Declined Transactions
MUJI India constantly monitors the User’s account in order to avoid fraudulent accounts and transactions. Users with more than one account or availing referral vouchers fraudulently shall be liable for legal actions under law and MUJI India reserves the right to recover the cost of goods, collection charges and lawyer fees from persons using the Platform fraudulently. MUJI India reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such persons for fraudulent use of the Platform and any other unlawful acts or omissions in breach of these terms and conditions. In the event of detection of any fraudulent or declined transaction, prior to initiation of legal actions, MUJI India reserves the right to immediately delete such account and dishonor all past and pending orders without any liability. For the purpose of this clause, MUJI India shall owe no liability for any refunds.
User Covenants and Obligations
- As mandated under the provisions of Regulation 3(2) of the IG Rules, MUJI India hereby informs you that you are prohibited from hosting, displaying, uploading, modifying, publishing, transmitting, updating, or sharing any information that:
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise harmful in any manner whatsoever
- harms minors in any way
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights
- violates any law for the time being in force
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature
- impersonates or defames another person
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource.
- You are also prohibited from
- violating or attempting to violate the integrity or security of the Platforms or the MUJI India Content
- transmitting any information on or through the Platforms that is disruptive or competitive to the provision of Services by MUJI India
- intentionally submitting on the Platforms, false or inaccurate information
- using any engine, software, tool, agent or other mechanisms (such as spiders, robots, avatars, worms, time bombs, Easter eggs, cancel bots, intelligent agents, etc.) to navigate or search the Platforms
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any part of the Platforms
- copying or duplicating in any manner any of the MUJI India Content.
- You are also obligated to:
- refrain from acquiring any ownership rights by downloading the MUJI India Content
- read the Agreement and agree to accept the terms and conditions set out therein
- refrain from copying or modifying the MUJI India Content available on the Platforms for any purpose
- comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of the Platforms
- not refuse the delivery of purchased Products except when damages and deficiencies can be identified upfront at the time of delivery
- Use the Products for personal, non-commercial use.
- You hereby authorize MUJI India to declare and provide declarations to any Governmental authority on request on your behalf, including that the Products ordered by you are for personal, non-commercial use.
- MUJI India may disclose or transfer information provided by you to its affiliates in India and other countries, and you hereby consent to such transfer. In terms of the SPI Rules, MUJI India can transfer sensitive personal data or information to any other body corporate or a person that ensures the same level of data protection that is adhered to by MUJI India as provided for under the SPI Rules, only if such transfer is necessary for the performance of the lawful contract between MUJI India or any person on its behalf and the User or where you have consented to such data transfer.
- All information in relation to third parties as available on the Platforms (collectively referred to as “Third Party Information”) are provided solely for your reference. MUJI India is not endorsing the Third-Party Information and is not responsible for any errors and representation nor is it associated with it and you shall access the Third Party Information at your own risk.
- Further, it is up to you to take sufficient precautions to ensure that whatever links you select, whether from the Platforms, or other Services, is free of such items such as, but not limited to, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature.
Intellectual Property Rights
- If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been used on the Platforms in a way that raises concerns of infringement, please write to us at [email protected] and let us know of your concerns.
Unlawful or Prohibited Use
- You acknowledge and undertake that you are accessing the Services and purchasing the Products at your own risk and that you are using prudent judgment before placing an order for a Product or availing any Services through the Platforms. MUJI India shall, at no point, be held liable or responsible for any representations or warranties in relation to the Products. Refund of the price paid for the purchase of a Product or replacement thereof shall be governed by the Return Policy which may be accessed
-MUJI India does not provide or make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied about the Platforms, Products or the Services, and all implied warranties under law or contract are to the maximum extent possible hereby disclaimed.
- The maximum aggregate liability of MUJI India, in respect of all Services, provided and all transactions undertaken by the User by using the Services shall be limited to a maximum of INR 1,000 (Indian Rupees one thousand).
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless MUJI India, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, agents, and representatives from any and all claims, losses, damages, and/or costs (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising from (i) your access to or use of the Services or Products, (ii) violation of the Agreement, (iii) infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account with MUJI India, (iv) action or inaction on behalf of MUJI India’s third party affiliates, manufacturers, vendors, suppliers and logistic partners in providing services; and (v) infringement of any intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. MUJI India shall notify you promptly of such claim, loss, liability, or demand, and in addition to your foregoing obligations, you agree to provide MUJI India with reasonable assistance, at your expense, in defending any such claim, loss, liability, damage or cost.
In accordance with the provisions of the SPI Rules, any grievances which you may have with respect to the information shared by you with MUJI India hereunder and its treatment, may be directed by you to the grievance officer of MUJI India at [email protected] or at the below mentioned coordinates:
Name: Vishnu Naidu
Phone Number: +91 2268086851
Email Address: [email protected]
Ryohin-Keikaku Reliance India Pvt. Ltd.8th Floor, Maker Towers E, Cuffe Parade
Designation: Grievance Officer
Name: Najmul Huq
Phone Number: +91 2268086851
Email Address: [email protected]
MUJI India India
Ryohin-Keikaku Reliance India Pvt. Ltd.8th Floor, Maker Towers E, Cuffe Parade
Designation: Nodal Officer
Term and Termination
Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
- The Agreement and any contractual obligation between MUJI India and you under the Agreement shall be governed by the laws of India, subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- All disputes will be subject to arbitration at Mumbai, Maharashtra in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in the English language. The arbitration shall be referred to the sole arbitrator appointed by MUJI India.
- Arbitration awards shall be reasoned awards and shall be final and binding on MUJI India and the disputing User and shall be enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction.
All notices and communications shall be in writing, in English and shall be deemed given if delivered personally or by commercial messenger or courier service, or mailed by registered or certified mail (return receipt requested) or sent by email, with due acknowledgment of complete transmission to the following address:
Ryohin-Keikaku Reliance India Pvt. Ltd.
8th Floor, Maker Towers E, Cuffe Parade
|Ryohin-Keikaku Reliance India Pvt. Ltd.
|Maharashtra - ISD
|8th Floor, Maker Tower E, Cuffe Parade Colaba, Mumbai-400005
Email Address: [email protected]
- Headings, subheadings, titles, subtitles to clauses, sub-clauses and paragraphs are for information only and shall not form part of the operative provisions of the Agreement and shall be ignored in construing the same.
- Words denoting the singular shall include the plural and words denoting any gender shall include all genders.
- The words “include” and “including” are to be construed without limitation.